The history of Our Lady of Grace Parish goes back to the 1920s.
North Beach was a rather isolated place accessed by a sandy track which snaked its way out from Tuart Hill.
Mass was first celebrated in a rusty old tin shed , at one time a holiday home for the Sisters of Mercy.
The parish was established in 1951 when Fr T Prendiville was appointed Parish Priest with the church blessed and opened in 1954.
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Primary School was opened along with the church in 1954 with an enrollment of 46 students. Major extensions began in 1961 and have continued through the years as the school has developed into a fine centre of Catholic Education.
The sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth arrived in 1957 to assist with the staffing of the school. A Parish Centre was constructed in 1989 alongside the church. In 1964 with funds donated from America the prominent convent building was constructed alongside the church and school.
Parish Priests of OLG:
Fr T Prendiville 1951 - 195
Fr J Sullivan 1955 - 1956
Fr M Byrne 1957 -1957
Fr C Nolan 1957 - 1958
Fr P Kelly 1958 1959
Fr J Depiazzi 1959 1966
Fr J Chokolich 1966 - 1969
Fr R O'Reilly 1969 - 1973
Fr J Mullins 1974 - 1982
Fr K Keating 1982 - 2007
Fr R Smith 2007